MX Award 2016: Holder voted best SME
11. November 2016
Max Holder GmbH was presented with the renowned Manufacturing Excellence Award 2016 (MX Award) as Best SME. The maxim of the MX Award is: "Recognising Strengths – Setting Standards". The objective here is to identify and then spread successful methods, practices and approaches to companies. The award has been presented in Germany since 2005 and is a prestigious benchmark competition for best practices in the production industry.
According to the jury, the deciding factors included Holder's company-wide stringency in terms of shopfloor management, as well as excellent product innovations that helped Holder achieve a successful turnaround following three insolvencies in the past. The company's outstanding customer orientation, as well as its team and solution-oriented management culture also made a key contribution to the exceptional overall image. The distinguished jury, comprising well-known representatives from German industry, also believes that Holder will soon be able to operate at eye level with large corporations.
"The MX Award honours the massive efforts our entire workforce delivers on a day-to-day basis," commented Andreas Vorig, Chairman of the Executive Board at Max Holder GmbH. "We simply would not be here today without the loyalty and hard work of our employees, as well as their commitment to playing an active part in the change process – which was primarily supported by our shareholder STAUFEN and is actually not yet complete." Former Technical Director Eberhard Schmid, who played a key part in Holder finding out about and subsequently applying for the MX Award, also shares this opinion.
The MX Award was presented in Berlin on 11th November 2016. The two Holder Directors Andreas Vorig and Christian Mayer were proud to accept the trophy together with Martin Haas (shareholder in Holder and Chairman of the Executive Board at corporate consultancy STAUFEN) and a delegation of Holder employees within the scope of a festive ceremony at Axel-Springer-Haus.
Group photo names (from left to right)
- Martin Haas, CEO at Staufen AG and shareholder in Max Holder GmbH
- Andreas Vorig, Chairman of the Executive Board at Max Holder GmbH
- Udo Kathan, Head of Quality Assurance at Max Holder GmbH
- Christian Mayer, Technical Director at Max Holder GmbH
- Rainer Roller, Head of Production at Max Holder GmbH
- Ellen Bauder, HR Consultant at Max Holder GmbH
- Rebecca Schempp, Head of the Order Processing Centre, Purchasing and Logistics at Max Holder GmbH
- Eberhard Schmid, former Technical Director at Max Holder GmbH
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Frank Straube, Chair of the MX Jury