Dual Drive drive system
The Holder Dual Drive offers maximum power and efficiency thanks to the combination of the advantages of a hydrostatic and a mechanical drive.
Two Drive Concepts in One
The Dual Drive drive system offers a combination of a hydrostatic and mechanical drive, bringing together the technical and economical advantages of both in one design. The vehicle accelerates, depending on the position of the accelerator pedal, in hydraulic mode and then automatically switches from the hydrostatic drive into the direct mechanical drive until the top speed is reached.
Overview of the most important benefits of the Dual Drive drive system
- Compensates for the high loss of efficiency of the hydraulic drive at high travel speeds
- Significantly improved efficiency of the direct mechanical drive
- Substantial increase in traction at top speed
- Reduction in engine noise levels and fuel consumption, even at high speeds
- Reduction in exhaust emissions
- Less wear and lower heat generation
- Sensitive, reactive steering and fast manoeuvring thanks to the hydraulic drive
The efficient Dual Drive drive concept is available on the Holder S series.